Confused between a Maruti Wagon R or a Maruti Celerio? Wondering which would be the best value for money? You have come to the right place. This article will help you compare the two models, Maruti Wagon R vs Maruti Celerio, to determine which one is best for you based on their price, features, mileage, size, boot space, service cost, space, colours, and other specifications. So, let’s jump right into it!
Maruti Wagon R vs Maruti Celerio : Comparison
Almost seven years after its launch in 2014, Maruti launched the new-generation Celerio. As part of the mid-size hatchback segment, the Celerio is also available in the Wagon R model line.
It costs Rs. 5.47 lakh for the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, which is Rs. 22,500 more than what the Maruti Suzuki Celerio starts for at Rs. 5.25 lakh. In terms of mileage, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio (petrol model) gives a whooping mileage of 25.2 km per litre while the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (petrol model) gives mileage of 24.4 km per litre.
Compared with the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R (Top Model), the Maruti Suzuki Celerio is powered by a 998 cc engine.
- The new Celerio chooses to go in the opposite direction from the Wagon R, which sticks with the conventional, boxy, tall-boy style. It has a curvier, more fashionable, and more current appearance that will be more appealing to the younger generation.
- Since the Celerio is longer and broader, the cabin should be more comfortable. However, the Wagon R is 120mm higher due to its unique design, which provides extra headroom and facilitates access. Additionally, it has a larger trunk with 28 more litres than the Celerio’s 313 litres.
- The Wagon R has a clear advantage in this particular area. The Wagon R offers the choice of a significantly more potent engine than the other two, but they both come with a 1-litre engine as standard. It has a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine with 83 PS.
- Similar features are included in the new Celerio, but it also has a nicer-looking interior. It appears to have benefited from coming out two years after the third-generation Wagon R. Its sleek dashboard design and silver accents complement its black interior.
|Specifications||Maruti Wagon R||Maruti Celerio|
|Dimension(mm):length,width and height||3655,1620,1675||3695,1655,1555|
|Airbag||1 airbag(diver)||2(driver, front passenger)|
|Boot space (lit)||341||313|
|Speed sensing door lock||NA||Available|
|Interior colour||Benign and black||black|
Why is Wagon R so popular in India?
Undoubtedly, Maruti Suzuki has become a household name among Indian families in the middle class. The Wagon R is a favourite because it offers more interior room for the money than any other compact vehicle. A spirited and fuel-efficient engine, necessary safety measures, and minimal operating and maintenance expenses are also included. Prices for the 1.0-litre start at Rs 4.19 lakh (ex-showroom). There is much more than one reason behind this popularity.
- Affordable – This automobile has always been affordable for buyers, which is one of the key factors in WagonR’s popularity. Maruti Suzuki has made sure that a WagonR owners need not worry about how much they wind up spending for this vehicle, whether it is at the car’s purchase or for its upkeep. And Indians, who are notorious for being frugal with their money, though this automobile was worth every penny.
- Tall body design – The layout offers appropriate headroom and legroom for the driver and passengers. Despite initial concerns about the ungainly and box-like shape, people’s perceptions quickly evolved. Even a tall person may easily access the automobile thanks to the design. The riders don’t feel as though they may strike the roof at any moment since there is enough room for them to spread their legs and look comfortable.
- Engine performance – The buyer has two options for petrol engines. A 1.0-litre gasoline engine produces 67 horsepower, while a 1.2-litre engine produces 82 bhp. More than 22 litres and 21 litres per hour are achieved by both engines, respectively (at standard test conditions). Besides the CNG version, the Maruti Wagon R is also available in petrol.
- Mileage – The WagonR has long claimed to have the greatest mileage rating in its class, as Maruti has always boasted. Maruti proved that the WagonR’s mileage was unmatched through their extremely well-liked advertising campaign with the motto “Kitna deti hai?” and when the automobile did show them correct in the real world, people’s affection for the car increased and their trust started to rise further.
Is Maruti Celerio suitable for long drives?
The Celerio is a vehicle that can be driven over long distances without any problems. The Celerio has a very thin and flimsy body shell, which is problematic from a safety standpoint. But that can be fixed if the car is serviced well. Don’t forget to maintain your car regularly and prepare for long trips.
Its performance in hilly areas is inadequate, and its features are lacking, such as Hill Hold Control, Ride Height Adjustment, Hill Descent Control, Brake Assist, and so on. But this fact does not make it any less like an on-road compact sedan.
Is Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Better Than Maruti Suzuki Celerio?
According to a wagon R vs celerio survey, almost 52% of users have chosen the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R over the Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
In addition to participating in this poll, a total of 179 customers also evaluated the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R and Maruti Suzuki Celerio based on a number of crucial criteria, including mileage, and performance, comfort, safety, etc. and shared their own impressions of the vehicles.
Wagon R vs Celerio: Who is the winner?
According to user reviews, the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is a winner for you if you are truly seeking mileage, performance, comfort, and low maintenance in your automobile. However, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio is superior in terms of safety. Users have rated both automobiles similarly based on their attributes.
The Wagon R vs Celerio feature sets are similar to one another in most respects. They both have a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, electronic ORVMs with turn indicators, steering-mounted audio controls, twin front airbags, rear parking sensors, and a digital tachometer in the instrument panel.
In terms of mileage, the Celerio will always win. People looking for a spacious car can opt for the Wagon R on a budget. I hope this article helped you understand the comparison between wagon R vs Celerio in a detailed manner.