Nissan has confirmed the launch of its much-awaited all-new Nissan Magnite Compact SUV on 2nd December 2020. The prices will be aggressive to compete against the other subcompact SUV brands to be launched around the same time. The SUV will be available in four variants-XE, XL, XV (High), and XV (Premium). Nissan had revealed the Magnite concept in July 2020. The production model was unveiled on 21st October 2020.The tagline for this new Nisaan Magnite Compact SUV is “Ignite your Charisma”
Nissan Magnite Compact SUV Four variants – Flooded with Modern Technology
|XE variant||XL variant||XV(High)||XV(Premium)|
|Steel wheel Power steering ACA semi-digital instrument panel Four power windows etc||Integrated music systemSteering mounted controlsAutomatic ACElectrically adjustable and foldable outside rearview mirror (ORVMs), etc.All the other XE variant features||Eight-inch touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.Digital instrument panelLED headlamps with LED DRLsAlloy wheelsReverse parking camera Etc.XE,XL variant features||Tyre-pressure monitoring system LED bi-projector headlamps cruise control 360-degree around-view Etc XE,XL,XV(high) features|
According to reports, Nissan Magnite Compact SUV 2020 Car Price India will start at Rs 5.5 lakh and go up to 9.55 lakh for the top most variant.
The Nissan Magnite will be approximately 4 hundred centimetres in length, 176 cm in width and 158 cm tall. The wheelbase will be around 250 cm. The ground clearance is estimated to be 20 cm with a boot space of 336 litres.
Sporty Distinctive Exteriors
- Front- The Magnite gets a large front grille with a minimized bumper at the bottom. The grille design is somewhat hexagonal and has chrome on either side. The Nissan Magnite will be the first model in India to bear the latest logo.
- Headlamps- Nissan has equipped the new launch with sleek LED bi projectors headlamps. The headlamps have streak LED turn lamps and LED fog lights. Apart from this, Magnite’s sporty look is enhanced due to the L shaped LED DRLs.
- Rear- In contrast to its front design, the back is simple and sophisticated. The bumpers are black with silver cladding. The tailgate will have the turbo engine and CVT gearbox badge if you choose the variant that supports these
- Roof – The cutaway design of the roof enhances the sporty feature of the car further. The shape will probably help maintain the aerodynamic efficiency of the car
- Tail lamps -The intricate design and details of the tail lamps are visible only from near. The tail lamps are split by a chrome bar. The chrome bar is integrated into the lamp. The tail lamps look like four parts with a light in the middle.
- Wheels – Nissan Magnite will have diamond-cut alloy wheels. Even Though the 16inch wheels look small and have a box-like structure, they fit perfectly well in the exterior design of the model.
- Cameras – Nissan offers a 360-degree camera for its latest model. The designers have done a fantastic job of hiding the cameras. The front camera lies exactly below the Nissan badge. Whereas, the front camera is situated near the tailgate. On the other hand, the side cameras are situated below the outer rearview mirrors.
- Colours- Nissan Magnite comes in five monotones and eight dual-tone colours. The colour choices for the monotone colours will be Storm White, Onyx Black, Blade Silver, Brown Sandstone, Flare Garnet red. The three dual-tone colours will be Vivid Blue and Storm White, Flare Garnet Red & Onyx Black and Pearl White & Onyx Black.
Nissan Magnite Compact SUV Distinguished Interiors
The 2020 Nissan Magnite Compact SUV has a distinguished interior that complements its sporty exteriors. The Advanced Drive-Assist Display delivers premium safety features through 7 inches TFT display. The eight inches touchscreen will deliver quality entertainment and wireless connectivity to Android and Apple CarPlay.
A Glance Inside the Cabin:
The cabin is black with red panels. The cabin is equipped with mono form seats, automatic air conditioning and a steering wheel with varying functions. There will be a digital panel and an infotainment touchscreen console around eight inches. The infotainment unit will support the interfaced car technology Nissan Magnite safety features includes dual airbags, the anti-locking braking system with electronic brake distribution, vehicle dynamics control, Hill-start assist, Traction control and Anti-roll bar
- Seven-inch thin-film transistor instrument cluster
- Eight-inch touchscreen
- Wireless charger
- Air Purifier
- Puddle Lamp
- High-End JBL speakers
- Ambient lighting
- Android Auto Support
- Apple CarPlay support
- First-in-segment 360 degrees view
- Driving Eco function
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Welcome animation when the ignition is turned on
- Multi-function steering wheel
Powerful Engine Design
Nissan Magnite Compact SUV One Litre B4D Petrol Engine Specifications
The Nissan Magnite has two engine options where the smaller will be the B4D naturally aspirated 1-litre petrol engine. It is equipped with Nissan’s dual VVT system. The engine is designed to produce 72 hp at 6250 rpm. The engine will produce 96 Nm of peak torque at 3500 rpm. However, the engine provides 5-speed manual transmission. There will not be any automatic transmission for this engine
Nissan Magnite One Litre HRAO Turbo Petrol Engine Specifications
The bigger engine is a turbo petrol motor. It has a 1-litre capacity and will deliver 5000 rpm for 100 hp. The 5-speed manual transmission will deliver a torque of 160 Nm. The engine delivers around 3000 rpm. However, with CVT the torque reduces to 152Nm
Nissan Magnite Fuel Efficiency
The car will deliver 18.7 kilometres per litre for the one-litre B4D petrol engine. The HRAO Turbo’s one litre delivers 20 kilometres per litre for the manual transmission. The CVT engine delivers around 17 kilometres per litre.
|Engine||B4D 1.0L NA PETROL||HRA0 1.0L TURBO PETROL||HRA0 1.0L TURBO CVT PETROL|
|Engine Type||1.0L Petrol||1.0L Turbo Petrol||1.0L Turbo Petrol|
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||71 x 84.1||72.2 x 81.3||72.2 x 81.3|
|Fuel – Efficiency (km/l)||18.75||20||17.7|
|Max Power (PS @rpm)||72 @ 6250||100 @ 5000||100 @ 5000|
|Max Torque (Nm@rpm)||96 @ 3500||160 @ 2800-3600||152 @ 2200-4400|
|Transmission||5 MT||5 MT||CVT|
|Fuel Tank Capacity(L)||40||40||40|
Nissan Magnite Compact SUV Tough Competition
The 2021 Nissan Magnite Compact SUV will determine the future of Nissan in India. Established businesses like Maruti Brezza and Hyundai Venue are continuing to sell in large numbers. The business of Kia Sonet has been active since its launch in September 2020. Toyota Urban Cruiser, Mahindra XUV 300 are other feasible options available in the market too.
|Dimensions||Nissan Magnite||Kia Sonet||Hyundai Venue||Maruti SuzukiVitara Brezza||Mahindra XUV 300|
|Length||3994 mm||3995 mm||3995 mm||3995 mm||3995 mm|
|Width||1758 mm||1790 mm||1770 mm||1790 mm||1821 mm|
|Height||1572 mm||1642 mm||1605 mm||1640 mm||1627 mm|
|Wheelbase||2500 mm||2500 mm||2500 mm||2500 mm||2600 mm|
|Ground Clearance||205 mm||205 mm||190 mm||200 mm||200 mm|
|Boot Space||336 L||392 L||350 L||328 L||257 L|
|Fuel capacity||40L||45 L||45 L||48 L||42 L|
The Nissan Magnite will be launched with premium technology features and a sporty look. The fully instrument digital cluster, 360-degree camera setup, wireless charging are some of the exciting features that the car encompasses. The car comes with upgraded safety features and a new powerful engine delivering high-quality performance. Despite the Covid 19 situation, Nissan has planned the Nissan Magnite SUV launch date in India on 2nd December 2020.