TOP 10 CARS SOLD IN MARCH 2023
Since it is the fourth month of the new calendar year, and the last year of FY 2022-23 the sales and their figures have shown a drastic increase and a drastic change. In MARCH 2023 the shift in the positions was drastic and Brezza made it to the Number 3 position whereas Nexon made it to the 5th position.. There is a growth of 10.86% on a YoY basis to 1,42,382 units from 1,28,433 units sold in March 2022.
It even showed a marginal decline of about 0.09% in MoM sales as compared to 1,42,517 units sold in February 2023. It was again that 7 out of 10 positions were secured by Maruti Suzuki. This time Grand Vitara made up the top 10 positions.
The total sales stood at 1,42,382 units in March 2023, -135 units from 1,42,517 units sold in February 2023.
|S.NO||OEM||MODEL||MAR 2023`||Mar 2022||GROWTH %
|2||MARUTI SUZUKI||WAGON R||17,305||24,634||-29.75|
- Maruti Suzuki bagged the top 7 positions out of 10 but this time Swift is on the top list whereas last month Baleno bagged the first position. Swift has a good YoY growth rate of about 28.89%. Brezza made its place in the 3rd position with 30.45% YoY growth.
- Wagon R showed a massive de-growth but still managed to bag the second position. Dzire and EECO continued to remain in the same place as the previous month.
- Tata Nexon successfully scored 5th position in the top 10 sales having a positive YoY growth of about 10.37%. It is just behind the competitor Brezza but much ahead of the Korean rival Venue.
- Hyundai Creta managed to have the 6th position in top sales which is among the only SUVs in the category and Grand Vitara reached the number 10 position within 8 months of its launch.
Overall, there has been a 10.86% increase in the growth of sales from the previous year, and though there have been some drastic changes in the position. TATA again scored position above Hyundai. Therefore we complete the list with total sales of about 1,42,382 units in March.
|S.NO||OEM||MODEL||MAR 2023`||Feb 2023||GROWTH %
|2||MARUTI SUZUKI||WAGON R||17,305||16,889||2.46|
Since the last month of FY 2022-2023 has ended, there are some shocking figures of MoM growth and degrowth of various models. There has been an overall degrowth compared to the last month of February 2023, yet some models have performed drastically in their sales.
- The segment and the sales chart leader Maruti Suzuki now have Swift in the first position whereas last month it had Baleno at the top. This month Alto showed some low sales and missed a position in the top 10.
- Brezza showed a drastic performance and made up to the 3rd position. Though it has a minimal growth of 2.79% on an MoM basis, it still managed to be in a higher position as compared to Nexon.
- On the other hand, Dzire showed a massive decrease in sales and dropped by 21% on an MoM basis but managed to bag the 7th position.
- Nexon from TATA motors was just behind Brezza in the 5th position showing positive growth of about 6.14% but on the other hand, Nexon had a degrowth of about 10%.
- Hyundai Creta again made its place in the top sales chart and is in 6th position in the list. It has a massive growth of about 35% where it sold about 14,026 units in March and only 10,421 units in February 2023.
- The MPV Eeco also had a small growth of about 6% and with that, we can still conclude that out of every 10 cars sold, 7 of them are from Maruti Suzuki.
Also Read – Tata Nexon EV MAX DARK