The Indian automotive market is bustling with various brands and models vying for the top positions. Let’s delve into the top 3 best sellers of May 2023 that have captured the attention of Indian consumers.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) dominates the market by securing seven out of the top ten positions with their best-selling models. The top three performers from Maruti Suzuki are:
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno: The Baleno experienced a year-on-year (YoY) growth of 34.09% and a month-on-month (MoM) growth of 15.78%.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: The Swift secured the second position with a YoY growth of 22.73% and a slight MoM decline of -7.50%.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: Although the Wagon R witnessed a YoY decline of -3.31% and an MoM decline of -22.73%, it still managed to secure a place in the top three.
Tata Motors holds the fifth position on the top ten list with its popular models. The top three best-selling models from Tata Motors are:
- Tata Nexon: The Nexon experienced a YoY decline of -1.31% and an MoM decline of -3.86%.
- Tata Punch: The Punch showed a YoY growth of 8.62% and an MoM growth of 1.74%.
- Tata Tiago: The Tiago showcased remarkable growth with a YoY growth of 66.93% and an MoM growth of 14.72%.
Hyundai Motors India Limited secured the fourth position on the top ten sales chart with its popular models. The top three best-selling Hyundai models are:
- Hyundai Creta: The Creta witnessed a YoY growth of 31.68% and a modest MoM growth of 1.85%.
- Hyundai Venue: The Venue showed a YoY growth of 23.05% and a slight MoM decline of -1.25%.
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS: Unfortunately, the Grand i10 NIOS experienced a YoY decline of -30.13% and an MoM decline of -6.64%.
Mahindra has a loyal customer base, leading to tough competition and long waiting periods for its popular models. The top three best-selling Mahindra models are:
- Mahindra Scorpio: The Scorpio showcased massive YoY growth of 114.31% and a slight MoM decline of -3.11%.
- Mahindra Bolero: The Bolero experienced a YoY decline of -6.81% and an MoM decline of -9.76%.
- Mahindra XUV 700: The XUV 700 secured its position with a YoY growth of 3.47% and an MoM growth of 10.26%.
Toyota’s offerings in the Indian market have garnered significant demand, particularly for their hybrid models. The top three best-selling Toyota models are:
- Toyota Innova Crysta + Hycross: The Innova Crysta + Hycross combination witnessed massive YoY growth of 184.11% and a substantial MoM growth of 60.76%.
- Toyota Glanza: The Glanza showed impressive YoY growth of 75.44% and a significant MoM growth of 41.77%.
- Toyota Hyryder: The Hyryder recorded an MoM growth of 18.12%.
Renault offers a limited portfolio in India, and their top three models had mixed performance. The best-selling Renault models are:
- Renault Triber: The Triber experienced YoY growth of 19.95% and an MoM decline of -18.28%.
- Renault Kiger: The Kiger showcased an MoM growth of 4.89% but had a YoY decline of -6.50%.
- Renault Kwid: Unfortunately, the Kwid faced significant declines with a YoY decline of -36.16% and an MoM decline of -16.05%.
MG has been making its mark in the Indian market, particularly with its electric offerings. The top three best-selling MG models are:
- MG Hector: The Hector witnessed YoY growth of 71.46% but had a slight MoM decline of -9.76%.
- MG ZS EV: The ZS EV recorded remarkable growth with YoY growth of 362.58% and MoM growth of 201.73%.
- MG Astor: The Astor faced a YoY decline of -70.72% and an MoM decline of -15.91%.
Volkswagen offers safe cars in the Indian market, and their top three models had varying growth patterns. The best-selling Volkswagen models are:
- Volkswagen Virtus: The Virtus experienced a YoY decline of –25.08% but had a MoM growth of 10.13%.
- Volkswagen Taigun: The Taigun showcased YoY growth of 17.03% but faced an MoM decline of -2.37%.
- Volkswagen Tiguan: The Tiguan demonstrated significant YoY growth of 216.67% and a remarkable MoM growth of 451.61%.
Skoda’s safest offerings in the Indian market had mixed performance. The best-selling Skoda models are:
- Skoda Slavia: The Slavia faced a YoY decline of -31.27% but managed an MoM growth of 6.87%.
- Skoda Kushaq: The Kushaq recorded YoY decline of -6.7% and an MoM decline of -22.06%.
- Skoda Kodiaq: The Kodiaq showcased YoY growth of 48.11% and MoM growth of 12.14%.
These are the top three best-selling models from various manufacturers in the Indian automotive market, reflecting the preferences and demands of Indian consumers.